About North Bay
|A short 3 1/2 hour drive from either Toronto or Ottawa, this friendly and inviting city is a popular year round destination. Offering plenty of activities, amenities and services to meet your needs, North Bay's vibrancy is only exceeded by its hospitality!
North Bay is a caring community of energetic, high-spirited people. Festivals, attractions and a wide range of special event activities blend with the natural attractions of the area.
The combination of lush forests, spring-fed water and clean air creates a healthy environment for working, living and raising a family. Safe, friendly, well-planned neighbourhoods also make coming home a pleasure in North Bay.
Situated between Lake Nipissing and Trout Lake, the city offers lakefront property in both urban and rural settings. The short distance between home and work allows more time to enjoy the wealth of parkland and leisure facilities.
Housing in North Bay offers a variety of options depending on whether you prefer the urban or rural location. Country settings are available within minutes of the downtown core and provide an array of attractive living alternatives.
A variety of recreation opportunities exist in the community provided by the natural environment trails for walking, biking, or hiking, as well as, those programs and services offered by the municipality and other community service providers. Activities for all seasons including: beaches, a municipal marina, golf, arenas, skiing and snowmobiling.
Comprehensive medical services are provided by a fully-accredited medical hospital. The community also offers services for specialized family needs through a number of social service agencies.
||City of North Bay Video
Flight Training In Canada
For our international students, training in Canada offers many great opportunities, here is a list of some of the advantages
- The Canadian license is one of the world's most widely recognized
- Canadian flight training standards among the highest worldwide
- Experienced flight instructors with solid aviation background
- High demand for various helicopter pilot positions throughout the country
- Entry level flying positions
- Competitive all inclusive flight training rates
- Challenging weather, fall and winter operations prepares students for all different work environments
The following points are for
International Applicants only
- For international students the accompanying application form is required in order for us to fill out a "Foreign Student Letter of Acceptance". This letter is needed for the Study Visa Application Package
- Upon receiving the Letter of Acceptance from our school, you may proceed with the Study Visa Application
- For further details about Study Visa and processing times please visit this link
- For further assistance for admittance and arranging accommodations at our North Bay location please contact our President/Student Coordinator Shana Sullivan
Domestic and International
- Be 18 years of age
- English language proficiency, both written and oral
- Obtain a Transport Canada Category 1 medical;
please follow this link for a list of certified Transport Canada approved Aviation Medical Examiners
- Fill out and submit the flight School's Application form with a preferred start date
- We also require a photocopy of your passport or birth certificate, and high school credentials or its equivalency
Please call 705-494-4354 or email us for more Information
Steps to Becoming a Helicopter Pilot
1. It is necessary to pass a medical examination prior to flight instruction enrollment
2. Choose a reputable flight school – Helicopters Canada is internationally recognised and fully accredited by the International Civil Aviation Authority whose headquarters are located in Montreal, Canada.
3. Fill out an application
4. Obtain a Commercial Helicopter Pilot Licence. A minimum requirement of 100 flight hours and completion of a written test is required.
5. You are now a licensed Commercial Helicopter Pilot! You are ready to work anywhere in Canada and capable of transporting passengers and cargo.
6. Depending on what part of the world you want to work in, you may need to do a conversion course for that region.
We offer this for any part of the globe.
7. You have now spent less than a year training and gaining experience and are fully prepared to enter the work place!